Service Leadership Seminar
The Service Leadership Seminar (SLS) is a unique, weeklong experience for incoming freshman at Florida State University. It is an annual event held before the start of fall semester, August 18th-22nd, 2014, and is at no cost for students. SLS allows students to learn about leadership and service in the context of individual, group, and community opportunities. Throughout the week there will be an array of activities that will enable the participants to discover how they can help create positive, sustainable change on Florida State’s campus.
Applications will be available beginning in March and are typically due by the end of June. The application link will be posted here, but in the meantime, I encourage you to check out the video and picture below.
Here are a few reasons to apply:
- Meet other incoming students with interest in making a positive change in the world.
- Get to know upper class students who are leaders in the Florida State community.
- Learn about community social issues and how to get involved on-campus and in the Tallahassee community.
- Gain knowledge, values, and skills to become a more responsible community member and effective leader.
- Recognize your strengths and be able to apply them.
- Develop great friendships and have fun!
If you have any questions about the Service Leadership Seminar feel free to contact Erica Wiborg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear what Service Leadership Seminar is all about by watching this video below: