Service Leadership Seminar
The Service Leadership Seminar (SLS) is a unique, weeklong experience for incoming freshman at Florida State University. It is an annual event held before the start of fall semester, August 22nd-26th, 2016, and is at no cost for students. This four and a half day seminar provides an opportunity to learn about community service, identity, and leadership. The seminar includes community service projects, workshops, speakers, and interaction with current campus leaders. Throughout the week there will be an array of activities that will enable the participants to discover how they can help create positive, sustainable change on Florida State’s campus.
The participant application will be available in March. Here are a few reasons to apply:
- Meet other incoming students with interest in making a positive change in the world.
- Get to know upper class students who are leaders in the Florida State community.
- Learn about community social issues and how to get involved on-campus and in the Tallahassee community.
- Gain knowledge, values, and skills to become a more responsible community member and effective leader.
- Recognize your strengths and be able to apply them.
- Develop great friendships and have fun!
If you have any questions about the Service Leadership Seminar feel free to email SLScoordinator@gmail.com or call (850) 645-6856.
If you are a current FSU student who wants to create positive sustainable change as well as inspire it in others, consider applying to be an SLS facilitator. The Service Leadership Seminar (SLS) is the perfect opportunity to be able to work one on one with incoming freshmen and current students through leadership, identity, and service at Florida State and in our Tallahassee community. We are currently accepting applications for facilitators.
The applications will be due February 3rd at 5:00pm and follow-up interviews will be performed shortly after. Download the application by clicking below:
Hear what Service Leadership Seminar is all about by watching this video below: