Service Leadership Seminar
The Service Leadership Seminar (SLS) is a unique, weeklong experience for incoming freshman at Florida State University. It is an annual event held before the start of fall semester, August 17th-21st, 2015, and is at no cost for students. This four and a half day seminar provides an opportunity to learn about community service, identity, and leadership. The seminar includes community service projects, workshops, speakers, and interaction with current campus leaders. Throughout the week there will be an array of activities that will enable the participants to discover how they can help create positive, sustainable change on Florida State’s campus.
Participant applications will be available beginning in March and are typically due by the end of June. The application link will be posted here, but in the meantime, I encourage you to check out the video and picture below.
Here are a few reasons to apply:
- Meet other incoming students with interest in making a positive change in the world.
- Get to know upper class students who are leaders in the Florida State community.
- Learn about community social issues and how to get involved on-campus and in the Tallahassee community.
- Gain knowledge, values, and skills to become a more responsible community member and effective leader.
- Recognize your strengths and be able to apply them.
- Develop great friendships and have fun!
If you have any questions about the Service Leadership Seminar feel free to email SLScoordinator@gmail.com or call (850) 645-6856.
Hear what Service Leadership Seminar is all about by watching this video below:
2015 Service Leadership Seminar Facilitator Information:
If you are a current student who is interested in engaging with first-year students through the process of learning about leadership, identity, and community engagement, then we encourage you to consider applying. SLS facilitators are crucial for growing the program and creating positive change with the participants. Applications are due Wednesday, February 4th by 5pm.
Click below to Access the SLS Facilitator Application for 2015.