Join our team: Experiential Leadership Program Coordinator
Florida State University’s Center for Leadership & Social change seeks a collaborative, creative, student development educator to lead initiatives at the intersection of culture, leadership, and service. The Experiential Leadership Program Coordinator will work with colleagues to transform the lives of students, faculty, and staff through leadership education, identity development, and community engagement.
The program coordinator is responsible for planning and managing student development programs that focus on the incorporation of service education, leadership development, and social justice. There is a special emphasis in this position on leadership education, leadership development and leadership programming. The coordinator will also be expected to research, organize, and deliver classes, workshops, trainings, and presentations which address the gaps in knowledge and performance related to leadership, service, and social justice.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of the Center for Leadership & Social Change, the program coordinator’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist and serve as a resource within the Center for Leadership & Social Change, Division of Student Affairs, and FSU Campus
- Engage in a programming portfolio that includes programs and workshops which focus on the following areas of emphasis:
- Learning in the Outdoors for Group & Individual Change (LOGIC)
- Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI)
- FSU LeaderShape Institute
- ACC Leadership Conference
- Supervise a graduate assistant, undergraduate staff and interns, as well as advise, assist, and guide students on a variety of issues and topics
- Serve on department, division, and campus-wide committees as assigned. Initiates and supports creative ideas to move the center forward in its mission and vision, along with other duties as assigned
- Conduct ongoing research and literature review on campus practices related to the development of students and the interaction between leadership skills, identity development and service learning
The successful candidate will possess experience in managing and facilitating student programming - specifically in the areas of leadership development. Candidates should desire to work in a diverse learning environment; lead through change and transition; and create collaborative, transformative partnerships with students, staff, faculty, and community members. Philosophically and practically, they should look forward to wrestling with the opportunities, challenges, power, and privilege that exist for a Center that sits at the intersection of identity, change, and community. Candidate must possess experience in student development and the work of leadership and identity education, engagement, and training. Preferred qualifications include strong understanding of leadership theory and facilitation focused student development in the areas of leadership development, identity, and inclusion.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A bachelor's degree and two years of related experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years
- Experience in leadership and/or service learning education
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and facilitate workshops and training sessions
- Experience mentoring, advising, and supervising students and/or student groups in a college/university setting
- Knowledge of effective principles and practices related to student program planning, development, and evaluation
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s degree
- Strong understanding of leadership development and service learning theories
- Facilitation focused on student development in the areas of leadership and service learning
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary for this position is in the high 30’s with a competitive benefits and professional development package.
HOW TO APPLY
FSU accepts only online applications. To access this job opening please go to jobs.fsu.edu and advanced search for job opening ID # 45466. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. A complete application should include:
- Cover Letter (Please address interest in position, as well as personal / professional experiences that align with the position)
- Resume / CV
- Contact information for three professional references, including most recent direct supervisor
For full consideration, applications should be submitted by June 21, 2019.
TOBACCO FREE CAMPUS
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Florida State University is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
For further information on Florida State University, please visit www.fsu.edu/.
Erin Sylvester Philpot
Center for Leadership & Social Change
Division of Student Affairs