The Multicultural Leadership Summit, held on the Florida State University campus, focuses on building a foundation of knowledge that will enhance student success in leadership in the areas of multiculturalism and social justice.
The summit provides opportunities for participants to learn about their identities and how they impact the ways in which they choose to show up in the world each day. MLS educates participants to empower them to be agents of social change in an increasingly diverse and global community.
By attending the Multicultural Leadership Summit Students will:
- Have a working personal definition of diversity, multiculturalism and social justice.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of a healthy ethnic identity in effective leadership and service.
- Discover ways to build meaningful coalitions with students, faculty and staff similar to and different from themselves in order to achieve mutual goals for social change.
- Gain a deeper appreciation of the importance of understanding the experiences of people from different multicultural backgrounds in effective leadership and service.
The 2019 Multicultural Leadership Summit will take place on Jan. 25-26. Registration is free for Florida State students.
Registration is currently closed.
Present at the summit
Are you interested in presenting at the 2019 Multicultural Leadership Summit? Presentations typically relate the summit's theme or broader topics about diversity, multiculturalism, social justice, and various intersecting identities (such as race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, gender, sexual orientation, access, class and ability); and/or about leadership and service. All presentations are 50 minutes. A suggested breakdown of a proposed session is as follows:
- 30 Minutes - Presentation of Content
- 15 Minutes - Discussion and/or Application Activity
- 5 Minutes - Closing Debrief
Requests for proposals are currently closed.