- Submit a Fall/Spring housing contract as soon as possible (housing.fsu.edu/myHousing). Without this contract you will not be able to apply for an LLC
- Apply for an LLC by April 8
- Log back in at housing.fsu.edu/applyLLC between April 24 and April 27 to check application status
- If your status is INVITED: accept position online between April 24 and April 27
- If your status is ALTERNATE: check application weekly for updated standing
- Invitations not accepted by 11:59pm EST Saturday of the week they appear online may be withdrawn
The goal of the Social Justice Living-Learning Community is to create a community of engaged learners concerned with the broad range of social justice issues. Students considering applying to the Social Justice Living-Learning Community should reflect on the following questions:
Please respond to all four prompts and limit your entire response to 1000 words or less.
- Students in any LLC can expect to meet and spend time with like-minded people. What other benefits do you expect to gain by participating in this particular LLC?
- If you have chosen a major, what led you to this choice? If you have not yet chosen a major, which majors appeal to you and why?
- What was your favorite high school class and why? What was your least favorite high school class and why?
- Please provide an email address and a phone number where we can best reach you in these situations:
- Based on this written application, some applicants to the Social Justice or WIMSE LLCs will be invited to participate in a phone interview with an LLC student or staff member; final acceptance into WIMSE or SoJust is based on both the written application and the interview. If you are chosen for an interview, we will notify you by email.
- If you are selected as an alternate for any LLC, we may need to contact you very quickly by email or phone when a space becomes available. If you are invited by email or phone, you must accept promptly or forfeit your invitation.
- April 8 – Deadline to apply
- April 24 – Application status available
- April 27 – Deadline to accept invitation to participate