Through the ServScript Program at Florida State University, students can record their service to the community on their official FSU transcript. Your transcript is an official government document, and a permanent record of your academic achievements as well as a direct reflection of your college career to potential employers and graduate and professional schools.
The ServScript Program accepts service hours that are completed each semester. All hours for a given semester must be submitted online at my.fsu.edu by the last day of the semester no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Upcoming deadlines include:
- Fall 2016: December 16, 2016
- Spring 2017: May 5, 2017
- Summer 2017: August 4, 2017
- Fall 2017: December 15, 2017
Come learn more about the ServScript Program on one of the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 20 at 1:15pm in DSC 1006
- Thursday, September 21 at 2:15pm in DSC 1006
- Friday, September 22 at 10am in DSC 1006
- Wednesday, November 15 at 1:15pm in DSC 2008
- Thursday, November 16 at 3:30pm in DSC 2208
- Friday, November 17 at 11am in DSC 2208
Types of Service
- DIRECT SERVICE: Cook/serve/deliver food for the homebound or homeless; Tutor, mentor, or coach youth; visit with the elderly
- INDIRECT SERVICE: Participate in an environmental project; Build low-income housing; Fundraise for a nonprofit beneficiary
- RESEARCH SERVICE: Work in a laboratory that contributes to the solution of a community need; Test water to assist with restoration efforts
- ADVOCACY SERVICE: Conduct information campaigns; Lobby on behalf of a community issue; Conduct nonpartisan voter registration drives
Please note: Your service hours submitted are the actual time served and MUST be entered in the same semester that you complete them.
Please use the steps below to do so.
- Read the instructions, criteria, and FAQs to know what qualifies for the ServScript Program.
- Download a ServScript form from this website or stop by the Center for Leadership and Social Change to pick one up.
- Keep track of your completed service hours throughout the semester using the ServScript form.
- Transfer written entries from the form to the online ServScript system under Student Services at my.fsu.edu.
- Submit completed service hours for review by the last day of the semester.
ServScript Program Criteria
To qualify for the ServScript Program, service hours:
- cannot be court ordered or sanctioned
- must be unpaid
- must benefit or contribute to the solution of a community need
- must have third-party verification, ideally not an individual who directly benefited from the service
- Keep track of your service hours using the ServScript form. All information on the ServScript form is also required online. In the event of an audit, a completed ServScript form will be requested. Incomplete entries are not accepted.
- Enter all service hours through myFSU by the deadline the last day of the semester. The due date will be the last day to complete hours for that semester.
- Ensure service hours performed qualify for the ServScript Program in order to be included on the academic transcript. All hours submitted are subject to audit and review by the ServScript Committee. If you are unsure if your service qualifies, please refer to our FAQs page or contact email@example.com.
- Include the time in and time out along with the date of you service if you are completing service hours for an internship or service-learning course, in order to have the best record of your time.
Community Need Areas
Animal Care, Arts/Culture, Children/Youth, Criminal Justice, Crisis/Counseling, Disaster/Emergency Services, Disabilities, Domestic Violence, Education, Environmental Programs, Gender Issues, Health/Wellness, HIV/AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Info & Referral, Legal Services, LGBT Issues, Mental Health, Neighborhood Improvement, Parks and Recreation, Senior Services, Sustainability