The Latinx Distinguished Service Award recognizes faculty member, administrator, or staff member for their outstanding service in keeping with the principles and ideals of Latinx culture through their research or service.
While the award is a tremendous honor, it also carries a $1,000 stipend for the recipient. This year we will seek to honor a faculty or a staff member for their contributions throughout our community to promote our Latinx culture. The inaugural Distinguished Service Award recipient will be announced at FSU’s Latinx Cultural Celebration on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019 at 11 a.m. in Ruby Diamond Auditorium.
- Nominations should be for a faculty or staff member who has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to Latinx ideals and furthers Florida State University’s commitment to diversity.
- Nominees should be faculty or staff with 10 or more years of service to Florida State University.
- Nominees should demonstrate active involvement in diversity, Latinx education, and awareness on campus through multiple projects, publications, programs, and/or committees serving the FSU and/or community at large.
- Individuals from all race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or other identity groups are eligible for the award.
- Nominees from the faculty must demonstrate scholarly excellence and a personal commitment to diversity.
- Nominees from the staff must exemplify a commitment to fostering a diverse campus community and a personal commitment to diversity.
- Nominations are due on Sunday, Sept. 1 by 11:59 p.m.
- Cover Letter: This letter should address the nominee’s longstanding commitment to diversity and Latinx ideals. Further, it should include contact information for the faculty or staff member organizing the nomination materials. This letter is in addition to the required two letters of support.
- Nominee Information: A resume/CV and short biography
- Letters of Support: Two letters of support (one of which must come from the nominee’s administrative or academic department) submitted on behalf of the nominee
Complete nomination packets, including all materials, must be received electronically before the deadline.