2019 ACC Leadership Symposium
"Nourishing our Communities: Uniting Against Hunger"
NC State University
The Atlantic Coast Conference has long supported the efforts of its member institutions in developing student leaders - through athletics and campus life. Through the support of the ACC, each year five undergraduate student leaders (accompanied by a faculty/staff adviser) from each ACC university gather at a host university to study and teach, to swap and share both leadership strategies and knowledge regarding a specific social issue.
Student leaders from each of the 15 ACC Colleges and Universities will have the opportunity to learn through intensive engagement in educational sessions, keynote addresses, topical content exploration, simulations and experiential application.
The 2019 ACC Leadership Symposium will be hosted at NC State University on February 22-24, 2019 with a focus on food insecurity.
Spring 2018 to Spring 2019:
- Represent Florida State University and uphold the policies, standards and values of our university
- Attend six mandatory weekly workshop sessions prior to the symposium to prepare for the conference
- Actively participate in the symposium and engage with other attendees
- Write a 2-3 page post-conference reflection of the experience and what you have learned
- Attend six post-conference meetings to create a group action plan
- Implement and/or share what you learned from the symposium with the FSU community during the spring 2019 semester
To attend the ACC Leadership Symposium, you must apply and be selected. Applications are now closed.
For more information, contact Bailey P. Albrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org.