Through the ServScript Program at Florida State University, students can record their service to the community on their official FSU transcript. Your transcript is an official government document, and a permanent record of your academic achievements as well as a direct reflection of your college career to potential employers and graduate and professional schools.
The ServScript Program accepts service hours that are completed each semester. All hours for a given semester must be submitted online at my.fsu.edu by the last day of the semester no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Upcoming deadlines include:
- Fall 2017: December 15, 2017
- Spring 2018: May 4, 2018
- Summer 2018: August 3, 2018
ServScript Program Criteria
To qualify for the ServScript Program, service hours:
- cannot be court ordered or sanctioned
- must be unpaid
- must benefit or contribute to the solution of a community need
- must have third-party verification, ideally not an individual who directly benefited from the service
Types of Service
- DIRECT SERVICE: Cook/serve/deliver food for the homebound or homeless; Tutor, mentor, or coach youth; visit with the elderly
- INDIRECT SERVICE: Participate in an environmental project; Build low-income housing; Fundraise for a nonprofit beneficiary
- RESEARCH SERVICE: Work in a laboratory that contributes to the solution of a community need; Test water to assist with restoration efforts
- ADVOCACY SERVICE: Conduct information campaigns; Lobby on behalf of a community issue; Conduct nonpartisan voter registration drives
Community Need Areas
Animal Care, Arts/Culture, Children/Youth, Criminal Justice, Crisis/Counseling, Disaster/Emergency Services, Disabilities, Domestic Violence, Education, Environmental Programs, Gender Issues, Health/Wellness, HIV/AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Info & Referral, Legal Services, LGBT Issues, Mental Health, Neighborhood Improvement, Parks and Recreation, Senior Services, Sustainability
Come learn more about the ServScript Program at one of our info sessions.
- Feb. 12, 4:30pm, DSC 1006
- March 23, 10am, DSC 2208
- April 10, 10am, DSC 1006