UPDATE TO AGENCY LISTINGS
Effective January 2020, students will be required to list an approved service agency for each of their ServScript entries. The broad catch-all of “Other” which has historically allowed students to enter a non-approved agency will no longer be active. In order to have your agency added to ServScript, just submit a request online. Requests take about two weeks to process. The final day to submit a request is one week prior to the semester's ServScript deadline.
Through the ServScript Program at Florida State University, students can record their service to the community on their official FSU transcript. Your transcript is an official government document, and a permanent record of your academic achievements as well as a direct reflection of your college career to potential employers and graduate and professional schools.
The ServScript Program accepts service hours that are completed each semester. All hours for a given semester must be submitted online at my.fsu.edu by the last day of the semester no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Upcoming deadlines include:
- Spring 2020: May 1
- Summer 2020: July 31
- Fall 2020: December 11
ServScript Program Criteria
To qualify for the ServScript Program, service hours:
- cannot be court ordered or sanctioned
- must be unpaid
- must benefit or contribute to the solution of a community need
- must have third-party verification, ideally not an individual who directly benefited from the service
Types of Service
- DIRECT SERVICE: Cook/serve/deliver food for the homebound or homeless; Tutor, mentor, or coach youth; visit with the elderly
- INDIRECT SERVICE: Participate in an environmental project; Build low-income housing; Fundraise for a nonprofit beneficiary
- RESEARCH SERVICE: Work in a laboratory that contributes to the solution of a community need; Test water to assist with restoration efforts
- ADVOCACY SERVICE: Conduct information campaigns; Lobby on behalf of a community issue; Conduct nonpartisan voter registration drives
Community Need Areas
Animal Care, Arts/Culture, Children/Youth, Criminal Justice, Crisis/Counseling, Disaster/Emergency Services, Disabilities, Domestic Violence, Education, Environmental Programs, Gender Issues, Health/Wellness, HIV/AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Info & Referral, Legal Services, LGBT Issues, Mental Health, Neighborhood Improvement, Parks and Recreation, Senior Services, Sustainability
Have questions about the ServScript process? Email ServScript@admin.fsu.edu.