The ServScript Program at Florida State University, provides students with a platform to record their service to the community on their official FSU transcript. Your transcript is an official government document, and a permanent record of your academic achievements as well as a direct reflection of your college career to potential employers and graduate and professional schools.
ServScript Program Criteria
To qualify for the ServScript Program, service hours:
- cannot be court-ordered or sanctioned.
- must be unpaid.
- must benefit or contribute to the solution of a community need.
- must have third-party verification, ideally not an individual who directly benefited from the service.
Types of Service
- DIRECT SERVICE: Cook/serve/deliver food for the homebound or homeless; Tutor, mentor, or coach youth; visit with the elderly, direct patient care, etc.
- INDIRECT SERVICE: Participate in an environmental project; build low-income housing; fundraise for a nonprofit beneficiary.
- RESEARCH SERVICE: Work in a laboratory that contributes to the solution of a community need; Test water to assist with restoration efforts.
- ADVOCACY SERVICE: Conduct information campaigns; Lobby on behalf of a community issue; Conduct nonpartisan voter registration drives.
Community Need Areas
Animal Care, Arts/Culture, Children/Youth, Criminal Justice, Crisis/Counseling, Disaster/Emergency Services, Disabilities, Domestic Violence, Education, Environmental Programs, Gender Issues, Health/Wellness, HIV/AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Info & Referral, Legal Services, LGBT Issues, Mental Health, Neighborhood Improvement, Parks and Recreation, Senior Services, Sustainability
Need help submitting your service hours to ServScript? Get all your questions answered during one of our drop-in virtual help sessions. Sessions will resume in Fall 2022.
The ServScript Program accepts service hours that are completed each semester. All hours for a given semester must be submitted online at my.fsu.edu by the last day of the semester no later than 11:59 p.m. eastern time.
Upcoming deadlines include:
- Summer 2022: July 29
- Fall 2022: December 9
- Spring 2023: May 5
Have questions about the ServScript process? Email ServScript@admin.fsu.edu