The ServScript Program at Florida State University, provides students with a platform to record their service to the community on their official FSU transcript. Your transcript is an official government document, and a permanent record of your academic achievements as well as a direct reflection of your college career to potential employers and graduate and professional schools.
ServScript Program Criteria
To qualify for the ServScript Program, service hours:
- cannot be court-ordered or sanctioned.
- must be unpaid.
- must benefit or contribute to the solution of a community need.
- must have third-party verification, ideally not an individual who directly benefited from the service.
Types of Service
- DIRECT SERVICE: Cook/serve/deliver food for the homebound or homeless; Tutor, mentor, or coach youth; visit with the elderly, direct patient care, etc.
- INDIRECT SERVICE: Participate in an environmental project; build low-income housing; fundraise for a nonprofit beneficiary.
- RESEARCH SERVICE: Work in a laboratory that contributes to the solution of a community need; Test water to assist with restoration efforts.
- ADVOCACY SERVICE: Conduct information campaigns; Lobby on behalf of a community issue; Conduct nonpartisan voter registration drives.
Community Need Areas
Animal Care, Arts/Culture, Children/Youth, Criminal Justice, Crisis/Counseling, Disaster/Emergency Services, Disabilities, Domestic Violence, Education, Environmental Programs, Gender Issues, Health/Wellness, HIV/AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Info & Referral, Legal Services, LGBT Issues, Mental Health, Neighborhood Improvement, Parks and Recreation, Senior Services, Sustainability
The ServScript Program accepts service hours that are completed each semester. All hours for a given semester must be submitted online at my.fsu.edu by the last day of the semester no later than 11:59 p.m. eastern time.
Upcoming deadlines include:
- Fall 2021: December 10
- Spring 2022: April 29
- Summer 2022: July 29
Have questions about the ServScript process? Email ServScript@admin.fsu.edu