Through the ServScript Program at Florida State University, students can record their service to the community on their official FSU transcript. Your transcript is an official government document, and a permanent record of your academic achievements as well as a direct reflection of your college career to potential employers and graduate and professional schools.
The ServScript Program accepts service hours that are completed each semester. All hours for a given semester must be submitted online at my.fsu.edu by the last day of the semester no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Upcoming deadlines include:
- Fall 2018: December 14
- Spring 2019: May 3
ServScript Program Criteria
To qualify for the ServScript Program, service hours:
- cannot be court ordered or sanctioned
- must be unpaid
- must benefit or contribute to the solution of a community need
- must have third-party verification, ideally not an individual who directly benefited from the service
Types of Service
- DIRECT SERVICE: Cook/serve/deliver food for the homebound or homeless; Tutor, mentor, or coach youth; visit with the elderly
- INDIRECT SERVICE: Participate in an environmental project; Build low-income housing; Fundraise for a nonprofit beneficiary
- RESEARCH SERVICE: Work in a laboratory that contributes to the solution of a community need; Test water to assist with restoration efforts
- ADVOCACY SERVICE: Conduct information campaigns; Lobby on behalf of a community issue; Conduct nonpartisan voter registration drives
Community Need Areas
Animal Care, Arts/Culture, Children/Youth, Criminal Justice, Crisis/Counseling, Disaster/Emergency Services, Disabilities, Domestic Violence, Education, Environmental Programs, Gender Issues, Health/Wellness, HIV/AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Info & Referral, Legal Services, LGBT Issues, Mental Health, Neighborhood Improvement, Parks and Recreation, Senior Services, Sustainability
Come learn more about the ServScript Program at one of our info sessions.
- Thursday, Oct. 11 5:30-6:30 p.m. in DSC 2208
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 5:30-6:30 p.m. in DSC 2201/2202
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Globe 2400
- Thursday, Nov. 29 5:30-6:30 p.m. in DSC 2201/2202
- Wednesday, Dec. 5 5:30-6:30 p.m. in DSC 2208
Have questions about the ServScript process? Text or call (850) 296-8123.